Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sample letter: dispute letter for existing accounts

SAMPLE DISPUTE LETTER FOR EXISTING ACCOUNTS, is a letter for exiting account, this letter usable for all account. its a complete guideline how to write a letter for existing accounts.

a complete letter format for existing account same with other business letter format. on this post we will give u a link to download SAMPLE DISPUTE LETTER FOR EXISTING ACCOUNTS.

content of DISPUTE Letter FOR EXISTING ACCOUNTS:

[Date]
[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[Your City, State, Zip Code]
[Your Account Number]

[Name of Creditor]
Billing Inquiries
[Address]
[City, State, Zip Code]

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to dispute a fraudulent [charge/debit] on my account in the amount of $___. I am a victim of identity theft, and I did not make this [charge/debit]. I am requesting that the [charge be removed/the debit reinstated], that any finance and other charges related to the fraudulent amount be credited, as well, and that I receive an accurate statement.

Enclosed is a copy of my Identity Theft Report supporting my position. In addition, I am enclosing a copy of sections 605B, 615(f) and 623(a)(6) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), which detail your responsibilities as an information furnisher to consumer reporting agencies in response to the Identity Theft Report I am providing. These enclosures also detail your responsibilities that apply in the event you receive from a consumer reporting agency notice under section 605B of the FCRA that information you provided to is the result of identity theft.

Please investigate this matter and correct the fraudulent [charge/debit] as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]

Enclosures:

link to download SAMPLE DISPUTE LETTER FOR EXISTING ACCOUNTS [doc]

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home