Thursday, September 23, 2010

Oracle Business Intelligence 11g - Starting BI Service


I’m going to show you how to create simple reports by using OBI 11g. As you already see that you manage the services of Oracle Business Intelligence from WebLogic Server. So first of all I login to WebLogic Server in order to start BI Services. But if you also need to start WebLogic Server, , you have to open a terminal, change the directory to the installation folder run the batch: startweblogic.cmd


After starting the WebLogic Server (which will take a time), , I login to the WebLogic Server:


http://siebelsrv:7001/console














I navigate to Servers page from Home page lock the configuration to start the BI Service in the domain. (I’m using a VMware image on my MAC, so it takes a bit time to start all services -- Oracle Database, WebLogic Server, BI Service). :)














Now BI Service is started. It’s time to login.













I enter the user name the password which I specified during the installation so after a successful login, I see the “Home” page of OBI 11g.














You’ll recognize that there some changes about the terminology at the first look. In the current version creating reports means creating analysis which was creating requests before in the previous version. Another difference is about iBots. Now they’re called “Agents” in the “Actionable Intelligence” section. also there’s a new component about the Performance Management like Scorecards KPI.


I’m planning to post articles about these great new features very soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home