Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oracle Business Intelligence 11g - Installation Steps I

After I extract the downloaded installation files, I’m going to create the repository for the Business Intelligence tool. In order to create the repository, there is a tool named “Repository Creation Utility” so I’m going to run this executable: rcu.bat















When I run rcu.bat file, it warns me about the resolution. So I just skip that warning.











The next window is the welcome window. So I easily skip this step, too.
















, it asks for the creating repository or the dropping repository option. It’s new installation notrepository exists in the database. I select create option to create the repository.















In the database connection window, I specify the connection string, database username password.















The installer checks the character set of the database shows a warning dialog box. I ignore that warning. Normally UTF8 is recommended.











The installer checks the prerequisites of the repository creation. It is highly recommended that all the steps should pass the minimum configuration.










, in the “Select Components” window, I select the Oracle Business Intelligence as a component. It automatically selects other dependent components, too. the installer sets the schema owners of the components that will be installed.















, another prerequisite check comes. I simply click “OK” button.









, I set the tablespaces for the repository tables. One for Metadata Services one for Business Intelligence Platform.















, it warns you that the specified tablespaces don’t exist in the database it’s going to create them. So I just click “OK” to continue.












It creates tablespaces.








In the Summary page, I confirm the components, schema owners tablespaces.














, it creates the repository.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home